Unless otherwise regulated on this subsite, the regulations of Rad am Ring apply.
Welcome - Willkommen - bienvenu - bienvenidos - Gruezi
Welcome to the WPCC website of Rad am Ring. The Nürburgring will be the host of the World Cycling Championship for Journalists (WPCC) as part of Rad am Ring from 22 to 24 July 2022. We’re looking forward to welcome the international press and present the programme on this website.
To book, you need to request a code from the WPCC. Participation is free of charge for WPCC-authorised persons.
To register, participants will receive a code (VIP code), which will be sent by the WPCC after checking the journalist’s ID. Please send an e-mail with your name, address and a copy of your ID to firstname.lastname@example.org
Those entitled to use the code can register at the following link: REGISTER HERE
In the registration you can then choose in which disciplines you would like to participate. After registering, you will receive a confirmation of registration by e-mail, which you should bring with you to pick up your participation documents on site.
The WPCC 2022 will be held in three disciplines.
- 75 km men M1, M2
- 50 km women / men M3
- 75 km: 1W – Extra starting block behind block D.
- 50 km: 2W – Extra starting block behind 1W.
- The entry lane is the same as for Everyman races, i.e. black.
- These starting blocks will be set up in the pit lane. The blocks will be brought forward via the access lane to the blocks after the start of the 75 km
- The start will take place quickly after block D
- We will start with 2 starters at 10 second intervals from a ramp. Participants will be “held” before the start
- The first start will be around 20:25 hrs the last around 20:50 hrs
- The rules of Rad am Ring apply
- Distance 300 m
- Location: finish line minus 300 m
- We will start with 1 starter in 20-second intervals.
- The start will be standing with assistance without ramp .
- First start Friday, 2 p.m., last start approx. 3 p.m.
- The regulations of the time trial Rad am Ring apply.
Classification / age groups
The WPCC will be judged in the following age groups.
There will be (no) overall classification for men and women.
There will only be a classification within the individual disciplines.
- M1: men 21-44 years old / 2001 -1978
- M2: men 45-59 years old / 1977-1963
- M3: men 60+ / 1962 and older
- W: women
Starting numbers, starter bag
There is only one starting number range. The numbers will be assigned in ascending order according to booking. This start number then entitles the holder to participate in all disciplines. There are two colours – one each for M1 and M2 and one for W and M3. All WPCC participants will receive a starter bag .
Travel, accommodation, location information, etc.
You can find all information and services about Rad am Ring HERE.
The accompanying programme has not yet been finalised. The information below is subject to change.
- 09:30 Meet & Greet
- 10:00 Backstage tour Nürburgring
- 11:00 Official Welcome
- 14:00 Sprint
- 20:00 Time Trial
- from 20:00 Tables reserved in Foodcorner – meal voucher, free drink
- 12:30 WPCC 75-km Race and 50-km Race
- 17:30 WPCC Award ceremony for all disciplines (Stage)
- From 19:00 Barbecue party Box
Partner & Sponsoren
Get some good news
Abonniere kostenlos unseren Newsletter für Updates rund um die Veranstaltung